The Lewis Chemical Company
Compliance Specialist Rome, Floyd, GA (30165) Number of openings: 1 Working days: Weekdays but may vary Normal work shifts: Varies Salaried, Exempt position
A chemical company located in Rome, GA that has been in business for 15 years has an immediate opening for experienced Compliance Specialist.
· Maintain and provide oversight of TLC’s Process Safety Management (PSM) Program. Oversees development, updating, and implementation of PSM program.
· Ability to oversee development, updating, and implementation of cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) program.
· Ability to oversee development, updating, and implementation of RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) program.
· Provides expertise and knowledge of existing and emerging global chemical regulations, their applicability and analysis for chemical regulations in North America and other regions. Manage processes aimed at maintaining product compliance.
· Maintain and utilize Datacor ERP regulatory data system to include loading Dangerous Goods and assessing raw materials.
· Communicate with team and associates to maintain centralized database or repository of information on The Lewis Chemical Co raw and finished materials.
· Provides written and verbal communication in response to internal and external customer inquiries for regulatory and environmental compliance.
· Performs product registration renewals, including EPA and state registrations; processes related fees and tracks progress of registration completion.
· Facilitates EHS and regulatory related training of employees. Performs other administrative duties to support regulatory affairs.
· Conducts and assists with completion of regulatory, safety, and internal audits, including conducting an annual audit of the EHS policies.
· Develop and manage programs that comply with global, federal, state, and local regulations and industry best practices.
· Development, updating, and implementation of cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) program.
· Development, updating, and implementation of RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) program.
· Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
· Communicate with laboratory technicians regarding product information.
· Uses information systems to input data, maintains databases, performs research for projects or issues, generates reports, etc.
· Maintains quality/quantity standards. Interprets operating policies and procedures.
· Verifies contracts or forms for completeness and accuracy of information.
· Updates and maintains all necessary records and/or logs.
· May act as representative for department at internal company meetings. Makes formal presentations as assigned.
· Ensures timely completion of department's work.
· Maintain inventories of hazardous materials or hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
· * The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
· Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a science or business discipline
· Minimum Experience: 1 Year Combined education/experience as substitute for min. experience
· Preferred Experience: 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing
· Preferred Field-of-Expertise: Chemical Manufacturing
· Certifications: DOT HAZMAT/IMDG Certification, OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hour course
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
· Oral Communication – Able to comprehend and fluently speak the English language; Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks. Goal driven with excellent work ethic.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Follows through on commitments.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues developmental opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with occasional change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
· Managing People - Includes staff in planning and decision-making processes; Makes self accessible to staff; Provides regular feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Seeks to improve processes, products and services.
· Microsoft Office Applications
· Complex Problem Solving
· Critical Thinking
· Quality Control Analysis
· Systems Analysis
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or etc.). THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. Only those who meet all qualifications need apply. Job Type: Full-time 40+ hours per week
Salary and Benefits
Salaried, Exempt position The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent Leave benefits include Paid holidays and Vacation/paid time off Retirement benefits include ESOP and 401K Insurance benefits provided by the company include Life, GMB, and Teladoc
Required notice about this job Criminal background check notice Individuals with conviction or arrest histories are not prohibited from applying for this job. The public workforce system has identified criminal record exclusions or restrictions in the attached job announcement. These exclusions or restrictions may be unlawful under certain circumstances. Therefore, the system is providing this notice to job seekers.
We are employee owned and offer a competitive wage as well as a comprehensive benefit package including group medical bridge, life, 401K, and optional medical, dental, and vision. Resumes may be sent to email@example.com.